Here’s a simple example how you can publish your content on your own site and syndicate elsewhere (POSSE):
- I posted a boring flower snapshot into my self-hosted WordPress (WP) blog.
- WP posted the entry to Twitter using WP plugins Hum and Publicize
- One of my Twitter followers replied to my tweet.
- Using Webmention, the tweet showed up in my WP comment moderation loop.
- After I approved it, the tweet shows up as a comment in the corresponding WP entry.
As you can see, there are some formatting issues with the emoticons and the image link isn’t displaying correctly.
And to begin with I had some other WP plugins interfering with the Webmention plugin and no idea why it wasn’t working.
An umbrella of petals http://t.co/n8uru2KPqJ
— ✁___CollectThisTweet (@nchenga) July 28, 2014