My new MacBook arrived last Monday. And I’ve started installing software and exploring. Slowly. A new laptop is like getting a new exercise book at school. An empty book equals an empty hard disk. And a new operating system is a new learning experience.
Software installed so far:
- Firefox and Thunderbird
- The latest version of Safari
- Quicksilver – looks like a really powerful tool. There’s a whole series of articles at Lifehacker.
- Parallels and MS Office 2000 for Windows
- Canon digicam software – ImageBrowser, EOS Utility, CameraWindow
- Flickr Uploadr – I’m missing some kind of integration into a file viewer and the possibility to rotate imgs before uploading them. Any tips regarding a photo viewer with integrated Flickr upload functionality? Would be cool if I could use Flickr upload functions in an image browser. What are you using?
And here’s the list that I’ll still need to add:
- Subversion and CVS tools
- GraphicConverter (by Lemke Software)
- MAMP or XAMP for Mac (see also this thread at Metablog.ch)
- TextMate (maybe)
- NeoOffice (maybe)
I found some useful articles at Tao of Mac, which I’d like to share:
BTW, I’m planning to set up an Ubuntu laptop soon… on a separate machine.