and offshoring, work means much more than doing your job.
6 tips to keep you working:
- Do not plan to write code for your entire career – code is a commodity and can be created by others for much less money
- Learn to communicate effectively – develop your public speaking and writing skills
- Develop people skills – the person that can pull teams together, support communication is very valuable
- Move into the “people” part of the business – learn how to deal with customers, work with vendors and interact with management
- Learn how to sell – bringing in new business is part of an employee’s responsibilty in a highly competitive market
- Consider consulting